Sample/Desk/Press Copies - Your questions answered
We send books free of charge so you can review their suitability for a course. Instead of payment we ask for feedback on books and confirmation of whether they will be used in your teaching.
Desk copy textbooks are free copies you may be eligible for if you have already adopted a book but haven't got a copy for yourself.
We review every request for sample/desk copies and will let you know if we need more information or are unable to send them.
We review each case on an individual basis. Unfortunately, we might not be able to fulfill your request if you live outside of these countries. If you can't find your country in the list, we might need to ask for proof of adoption.
First, please make sure you can find the book on our site.
If you can find the book, but it does not have the 'request a sample' button, please email us with the details below:
- The name(s) of the instructor(s) teaching on the course
- The academic address to which the book should be sent
- The book title, author and ISBN
- Course/module name, start date number of students per year
- If you are adopting the book, please include the adoption type (e.g. Essential/One of Two/Recommended or Background reading)
1. Sign in to your account on VitalSource
2. Open the tab Publisher Recommendations
3. Find the book and click on Add to Library
4. Click on Read now to open your book!
New to VitalSource? Please register first using your academic email address. Please note personal email accounts will not be able to receive ebook sample copies and sample copies will only be viewable online. You will not be able to download your samples to your Bookshelf app.